3.My TOEFL Lab complementary course
161. With socialists demanding an end to‘wage slavery’anarchists singing the praises of the virtues of dynamite, middle-of-the-roaders like Samuel Gompers and McGuire.
162. The quick adoption of the scheme may have indicated less about the state lawmaker’s respect for working people than about a fear of risking their anger.
163. In the old days, children were familiar with birth and death as part of life. This is perhaps the first generation of American youngsters who have never been close by during the birth of a baby and have never experienced the death of a family member.
164. We found out that patients who had been dealt with openly and frankly were better able to cope with the approach of death and finally to reach a true stage of acceptance prior to death.
165. The statuses we assume often vary with the people we encounter, and change through life.
166. This means that we fit out actions to those of other people based on a constant mental process of appraisal and interpretation.
167. I would keep putting my dream to the test-even though it meant living with uncertainty and fear of failure.
168. Any attempt to trace the development from the noises babies make to their first spoken words…”
169. This self-imitation leads on to deliberate imitation of sounds made to them by other people.”
170. Psychologists take opposing views of how external rewards, from warm praise to cold cash, affect motivation and creativity.